“Who’s this guy?”
Wondering who’s writing this blog? Really? I’m flattered. Thank you, dear reader!
Since I don’t want to bore you till death, I will just list some facts to begin with. This will draw you a very accurate picture of my complete personality.
- I’m a French developer living in Berlin. I’m coding mainly using Golang or PHP.
- My body is not too young, my mind doesn’t really get older.
- I like dinosaurs.
- A lot of people speak about stuff while everybody else put other ideas behind the words, believing they understand each other. I’m one of them.
- If you want to contact me (you fool), there is my Github page and my Twitter account on the homepage.
- Don’t take any of my article as the Holy Truth. Don’t take anything as the Holy Truth, before you experiment it for yourself. If it works for you, then it’s true. If it doesn’t, you can ask me anything or find something else which can help you.
- Gnothi seauton is one of my favorite quote. It means: “know yourself”. I think it’s really important to define who we are and what we want in life.
“Why this guy is writing a blog?”
You like bullet points? You like bullet points which begin by “I”? Well, here are some more. The topic? Why on Earth I write this blog:
- I like to help people, ‘cause a lot of people helped me and I’m very grateful for that. Being a developer and all is not that easy, if I can help even one single person in this crazy world, it would makes me happy.
- I like to write. I wrote a lot of books when I was younger, especially the worldwide known bestseller masterpiece “Lulu le Champignon” (original title).
- I like to write in English as well.
- Writing a blog helps me understand what I know and what I don’t. This is really, really valuable. That’s why you should write one too. If you have no idea writing about what, check this article.
- I believe behind the code and the cool technologies, there are people who tries to achieve something. To achieve things, we need to learn how to collaborate with each other. Still, a lot of developers wants to work in their little bubble, without considering their pair. I try hard to change that.
“I want to know more about the author of this blog !!?”
Holy cow. You want more details? A complete bullet-point-description of whatever I’m doing all day? No? Well, don’t read the following then.
I - My coding-life timeline
- 12 years old: Hacking around in QBasic on MS-DOS to personalise my favorite (and only) games, Gorillas and Nibbles.
- 14 years old: Learned C and built a little text-based game, where you can be a dwarf with an axe.
- 15 years old: Creation of a little RPG in C++ with DirectX, with real graphics made with the legendary Microsoft Paint.
- 17 years old: Creation of an almost-complete clone of Adventure of Lolo thanks to Game Maker. The AI of this game is weird, I tell you.
- 22 / 23 years old: 2 years of Communication and Marketing studies. I loved it, without any sarcasm. Very useful.
- 23 years old: Learned Adobe Flash (oops), HTML, CSS and PHP.
- 24 years old: Began to work as a full stack developer (frontend and backend).
- 32 years old: Began to code full time in Golang ‘cause I want to know MORE.
I coded as well a lot of little games, fun experiments and side projects. Some are tools for developers, the last “big” one is Sharetoall. Nobody uses it, but it was fun to build anyway.
II - What do I do in my life
To be clear: even if I follow this routine pretty well for years, I was not able to do that from one day to another. I experimented, failed, tried again, failed again till everything fall into place, more or less.
You don’t have to follow this kind of routine if you don’t want to. If you want to stay in bed till 11pm, that’s fine. Find and do what you like in your life, since it’s a pretty limited thing. You know, “know yourself”.
I don’t do that to become rich and famous. It’s not really likely, between you and me. I do that because I like it.
- Wake up before 5am
- 30 / 40 minutes of sport, mainly callisthenics (GMB is my favorite).
- 20 minutes of meditation (here’s a good ressource for meditation).
- 25 / 50 minutes writing for this blog.
- Day job from 8am till 5pm.
- Sport for 30 min / 1 hour (running / callisthenics)
- Time for side projects / spend time with my girlfriend and / or people.
- In the bed at 10pm.
- Wake up at 5am
- 30 / 40 minutes of sport
- 20 minutes of meditation
- One of the following thing:
- Side projects
- Try to learn new stuff
- Do stuff with other human beings
- In bed at 10pm… I don’t like to go out very late anymore.
The week end is more flexible of course, sometimes I don’t do half of that. It’s perfectly fine.
III - Other interests:
- Eating stuff
- Hiking in the good old Nature
- Bouldering (climbing on rocks)
- Communication / Psychology / Human behaviors
- …and so many stuff!
Thanks for reading! If you have any question, I would be happy to help whenever I can.